Asparagus Pasta Salad
This a recipe I created, it turned out super good..
My dear friend, Mary Loveless, turned me onto this wonderful pasta called Orecchiette. I’m sure many companies make it, I used the DeCecco brand. One thing I learned from my Italian friends is to buy good pasta!
- One pound or Orecchiette pasta
- One bunch of asparagus (I like the skinny stalks), cut into 1 inch pieces
- 10 Greek olives, sliced into slivers
- 4 ounces of Athen’s Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 c diced onion, opt (I forgot to add it and it was great without it)
- 1 large handful of pinon nuts
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- S&P to taste
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Make dressing in large bowl and set aside
- Cook pasta, 2 minutes before pasta is done add the chopped asparagus to pasta, then drain. While pasta and asparagus are draining in colander, stir often to make sure all water is drained. The pasta are like little cups and they like to hold water.
- Place drained pasta and asparagus into bowl with with dressing, stir
- To that bowl add slivered Greek olives, diced red bell pepper and onion
- Once pasta has cooled toss in crumbled feta cheese